Friday, July 7, 2017 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

No More Mayo...Garrett's Sandwich Spread and Dip Recipe


 Garrett's Sandwich Spread and Dip Recipe

1 16oz Fat Free Sour Cream
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
Just a shake of:
Cilantro, black pepper, oregano

Mix all together thoroughly and refrigerate.
This ranch spread-dip is excellent on sandwiches, in salads or as a dip.
Garrett loves it!

When I realized how much fat was in various things I was eating, I had to make a drastic change. If I were going to have fat, then I wanted it in something that I really, really wanted to eat...like dessert or chocolate! Some say that "healthy" fat is oh so good for you...I don't buy mayo or get it when we eat out. Ketchup has too much sugar, so it's not on our agenda either. However, mustard and all variations of it is a staple in our house. 

Oils? I hear various people talk about having a daily dose of "healthy" oils, but personally, not me. I think there are enough natural fats and oils in the food I eat daily, that I won't add oil to any of my foods or cooking. I use cooking spray. I have olive oil on hand only to add a few drops to my pasta water to keep the pasta from sticking. Gluten-free pasta has a habit of doing that after cooking too. Baking? I use applesauce instead of oil or butter in all my baking. 

These are just a few ways to save calories and money. Saving in these areas allows me to have a bit of fun on holidays or special occasions. Also, remember, I workout, run, walk or do some activity prior to having any treat to take care of any extra fattening foods I might want. 

Take a look at your fridge and pantry...what do fat do you see that can be substituted for a healthier way of life? Take one step at a time to change your health to living a healthy life-style! I've changed the recipe above from time to time, but one thing holds true, it is a welcome change to the taste of delicious and the feeling of living a better life.

Hugs, Rita



0 comments:

Post a Comment