Friday, July 14, 2017 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Gluten Free Biscuits Recipe

 Love my view on at any given time to enjoy a cup of coffee and whatever I'm baking!
#KitchenWithAHouseAttached

I love to bake! Nothing has changed about my love for cooking since losing weight, just my way of doing it. I have learned simple things that cut the calories and fat. Now, I find it a challenge to take a recipe that is high in calories and totally make it healthier. Homemade biscuits is one of those favorites in my house. A secret up front that we use in our household, is spray butter rather than butter. Spray butter has zero calories and no fat; however, PLEASE leave me some at the grocer!

Homemade Gluten Free Biscuits Recipe

2 1/3 cups 1-to-1 baking flour plus 2 tablespoons
2/3 cup fat-free buttermilk
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons granulated sugar or Spenda or honey
1 teaspoon salt 
2 eggs (I use egg substitute)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an area with a hand towel and a sheet of wax paper. Dust the wax paper with a bit of the baking flour. Mix all the ingredients together well. The dough will be gooey. Place the dough on the dusted wax paper and mead a bit. Then sprinkle with some of the excess flour. Roll out the dough and using a biscuit cutter, cut out the biscuits. I use a large mouth glass because my son likes large biscuits. Then place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until done. I like to bake my biscuits slowly.

Play with the recipe. Add or take away. Here are some suggestions I have for baking gluten-free:
You may need more liquid depending on the sponginess of the dough once it is mixed together. Sometimes I add a bit of vanilla to my ingredients or honey as an addition touch.I have found to back of the liquid a bit. Dust the biscuit cutter with flour so that it doesn't stick to the dough. Firmly cut all the way through the dough and twist a tiny bit to get all the way through the dough.

Make it fun, but the exciting part is trying until you find the recipe you like best. If the biscuits are crumbly. Remember, that if you are working out and losing weight to go for a powerwalk, run or workout class to compensate for a biscuit. Consider a lean protein with the biscuit or eat it alone.




0 comments:

Post a Comment