Saturday, September 15, 2012 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

You and Me, Baby Card...

Talking about Reusing-Recycling-Recreating! I totally did so with this card... I took most of the pieces from a Close to My Heart kit I think it was and then added a bit of leftover lace and ribbon from a scrapbooking layout I was working on. Perfect. I even added canvas hearts and popped up the title embellishment with popup foam dots, because I really like how that raise items off the page. I did have to use the red tape strips to hold the lace down rather than my ATG gun because it was more secure at holding the lace on my scrapbook page. I just didn't bother trying the ATG on this since I knew what would happen. Adorable. For the base card, I simply used brown cardstock that has the look and feel of butcher block. I am finding my nitch in scrapbooking is shabby chic, vintage. I love the old comfortable feel that isn't too dingy or dirty but more pretty and lovely. I don't want things to feminine  since I have a home full of boys. What is your style in scrapbooking? Cardmaking? Crafting or as an artist? I would like to hear about it...

Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment