Wednesday, September 12, 2012 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

The Bold and The Beautiful Scrapbook Layout...

 Not only is that about family, thus the title of The Bold and the Beautiful, because indeed all of my family from both sides is both, but the papers!!! This is so outside of the box for my style of scrapbooking, as new as I am to this, almost three years I have seriously scrapbooked. Prior to that it was cardmaking. These are from Rachael's sister's giveaway stash! Aren't they delicious!! Great for the vintage look I want and still staying with the shabby chic I love so much.

 Here we are celebrating my grandparents anniversary, their 50th I believe. I was in first grade and don't remember it at all. I have photos of all my uncles together and my mother with all my aunts. I wish there had been one of the inlaws too and may have been but not in my mother's photograph collection. I added the recipe that really popped with the colors of the paper. I kept picking it up and putting it down because it didn't go with any of the papers I had on hand...until this one! Loving it...

I also added small folders behind some of the photographs so that I could include names of those in the photos. One of the photos has all of the grandchildren that were there. I don't know who they all are because we were so young. I figured some of them out and wrote those down. I was wearing a green dress. What?! I never remember owning a green dress! It was out of character for MY mother who always dressed me in white, pinks, reds and purples...I was rather surprised. She made most of my clothes until I reached 7th grade and wanted to wear jeans...interesting contrast but I won't ask her about that...Do you ever wonder about such things? Have you come across your own "green dress"? Was it a positive experience for you? How so?

Hugs, Rita

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I have always been a fan of vintage scrapbook layouts. I love its dramatic effect, and for some reason, I find it very pleasing to the eye. Your design is lovely, Rita. The color is enchanting and the design is very eye-catching, it makes me very interested to read and understand what’s in it.

Max Macbeth

Post a Comment