Sunday, September 23, 2012 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

A Pocket for your Pictures or your Pizzas and Pasta...Scrapbook Layout...

 Creating a page with several photos can be complicated, but when you have copies of some of the photos, especially old photos that you don't want to throw away, you make a pocket for them, well, at least I do. =)...I was torn wither to cut off the dated trim or not to, so I opted for doing so since I had copies of some of the photos. I was very pleased with the outcome. Clean and sure while keeping the simplicity of the photographs. Aged and pretty.

 I love how the recipes pop on this paper, which is out of character for my new found style of scrapbooking and cardmaking. I thought the food themed embellishments went quite nicely with the papers too.

 I used cardstock to make the pocket. I felt it more durable to hold the photos and tags I might add for journaling or additional photographs I might come across or be trusted with later. It was a great place to fit a another recipe too!

Perfect fit...I didn't add the photos to mats...maybe later...
As for the trim...simple ribbon and cardstock self-sticking trim from Close to My Heart.

 Here I didn't have enough cardstock trim and didn't want to cut only an inch from another 12x12 piece of paper to make one so I left it, adding a punched tab to the top and some cute butterflies as embellishments. I thought, "Awesome!" I love love love this tab punch from Stampin' Up! The butterfly punch is from Martha Stewart and is a must have for sure!

Finally, I took a scrap piece of trim from the Close to My Heart collection and stuck it along the bottom of one of the recipes as an after thought...whoa-la...What is something as an after thought that worked perfect for you? Was it a relationship? An art or craft project? Recipe? Shopping experience or gift you gave? Tell us...

Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment