Friday, September 28, 2012 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Orange you glad...we bannered up Scrapbook Layout...

What is up with that title page!? Well, it is just a blog post title after all...not the title for the scrapbook page necessarily, really, is it?! Well, one never knows, it might be... I love love love these pages! The colors, the layout, the photographs of my Grandfather Newell, everything...it is way sweet that is for sure...all that is needed is a photograph of him and his banjo...loved hearing him play that banjo...

I am not very good with rub-ons. For one thing, if they are very old, they don't work! If you rub them as you lay them down for a second or two, they do come off much easier. However, I still have a lot of trouble with them. Brand means a lot; the better the brand, the better the run-on. I just stay away from them because I am no good at them. I did have this one given to me in a goodie bag that was sticking out of my pink lady bag, so I used it on this layout. I reached in for something while working on this page and out I pulled it lol...

Banners!! Love them...this punch is from Stampin' Up...can't say how much I love this one...add a few foam pop up dots and you have a wonderful banner. I didn't have the brown twine with me or I would have added it underneath...

I doubled up the trim with ribbon, cardstock and paper...

I used scrap pieces of paper for the banner...

I raised the recipe up with foam pop up dots, love those things...
Then I framed, matted if you will, both it and my photographs...
How have you matted or framed the photograph of today?
What can you single out from the past 24 hours as the most important thing
and frame it out as the best part?

Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment