Tuesday, September 25, 2012 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Circles of Life in Celebrating Scrapbook Layout...

 There is so much fun in the midst of these pages! It was a continuation of my Grandmother Newell's birthday photographs. Without making it too busy I wanted to include as many photos as possible to make the celebration complete. So now I have 12 photographs and 2 recipes on this 2-page scrapbook layout!! Pretty good!

 I had a lot of photos that only had one or two faces in the photographs and nothing else. So I took a large circle punch and popped those out and added them as trim...loving it...however, shhhh, I would have done a scrapbook page of the faces lining the circled trim "grim faces of the birthday bash!" LOL...nobody is smiling! Then I saw the top circle...it was my daddy's hand near the menu...nobody could miss my daddy's super large hands! You could take both of mine and one of your's which would make one of his...I loved holding his hands...I felt safe, secure and most of all loved.

A balance of photographs and recipe with boarder trim...

A punched folder with a wonderful place for journaling...

...I had three of these on the page...Perfect!!

I also took a punch piece, cut it in half to use as a journaling spot to name those in several of the photographs. As for the trim, I added both paper pieces and then cardstock self-sticking trim from Close to My Heart. Love the effect all of this gives without spending a lot of money. I recycle whenever possible using my scraps, especially for the punched tab pieces and the folders. What do you recycle from your stash of art or crafting supplies? Do you cross the areas of mediums when you do? What, When, Where, How...

Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment