Saturday, September 22, 2012 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Ellean's Garden of Memories Scrapbook Layout...

 Within my Cookbook Scrapbook, I am going to do a layout of memories for each of my aunts and uncles, but just reflecting on my aunt Ellean Newell Kimbrough who celebrated a short life by our standards just before she was to wed a wonderful man after the long ago passing her husband, raising her children, seeing her grandchildren grow. When another aunt and Ellean's sister, Etta, passed a day before her 90th birthday...Death and the master of death for taking someone before a celebration milestone is difficult... but that isn't why I blog or why I am writing this. So, let's begin...Ellean's garden of memories, indeed, a beautiful garden...

 Ellean's home of antiques, the red couch that I always loved, the flowers in her yard and the smell of her house. That faint laugh and smile. The way she drew her head back when she laughed, nobody else ever did that but her. She was tiny but tall. Her children were always nice, police and friendly to me and grew up to be beautiful amazing people within and without, among the community and within their homes.

Her cooking was raved at the celebration of her life and going away party. We all knew that at planned events or just showing up, that she would comfort you with food. She and mother listened and were taught well at home. She was a woman of faith and friendship who loved family, worked hard and knew when to play. What did I learn most from her? How to be a wife. I watched her do that with grace and love regardless of the time or situation and with the children. She was the Proverbs 31 woman in my eyes. Although she may have been very different when I wasn't with her, at work or at home, however, I don't think she was. Life has a way of speaking of those things and it has spoke of nothing else but of the truth in the life she lived. What can this life speak of us as we celebrate the life we live today? Will it speak of us in such a way? If you could speak one truth of someone from your past that was a positive thing they lived that you could implement today, what would it be?

Hugs, Rita
PS...notice the tag within the page that I created for journaling...there is always a first lol...

0 comments:

Post a Comment