Wednesday, February 1, 2012 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Rita's Crochet Posted Washcloth with Pattern

Rita's Crochet Posted Washcloth
(the one of the left)

It isn't all that hard to follow a crochet pattern! Now wait, I see some of you shaking your head "yes" in agreement but then I see some of you shaking your head "Ah, no"! But really, it isn't that is if you take the time to really read the pattern which I don't always do and then what happens is a new design or creation happens. However, my problem with many of the dishcloth patterns I have seen is that you can stick your fingers through the holes! Yikes, I don't really like that very much, just saying. So, when I wanted to make washcloths to match my bedroom/bathroom, I wanted some that I could depend on in the colors I wanted. We are planning for a more shabby chic decor but our bedroom is more...bright =). 

So here is the pattern I came up with using some very old stitches that I have grown to love and adore. They are super easy and you can do them too! 

 Crochet Posted Washcloth RHC

100% Cotton Thread of your choice or combination of colors
Size G Crochet Hook

Chain 36
Row 1: Turn, sc in 2nd ch from hook and each on across.
Row 2. Turn, ch 3, dc in 2nd sc from hook and next 2 dc. Skip next dc. Then dc in the next three dc, repeat throughout the row.
Row 3: Turn, sc in the 2nd ch from hook and each dc across.
Row 4: Turn, ch 3, dc in 2nd dc from hook and next 2 dc. Trc to skipped space in row below skipping the space behind the Trc in current row. Then dc in the nex three dc, Repeat the trc and continue this process throughout the row.
Rows 5-26: repeat rows 2-4. Finish off.
Trim: Slip stitch into any corner and the sc around the whole piece adding ch one at each corner so the piece lays flat. Then slip stitch at the beginning, ch 1 and continue sc around. At each post, tr crochet into the post. Finish off.

Happy stitching and I would love to see those that you make!!!

Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment