Monday, February 6, 2012 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Madison’s Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe using Cake Mix

WOW! These cookies are fantastic! I had never made
any with cake mix as a base before but...
WOW! OMGOSH! WOW!
(if anyone in my family recognizes this plate, 
although it is beautiful, please come pick it up lol
I don't know where it came from...)

The original recipe was very gooey so I had to revise it a bit... 

This was my first time to use parchment paper that I could
remember lol...can you imagine! It was wonderful, folks!!


Madison’s Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
 using Cake Mix

1 box Duncan Hines Butter Golden cake mix
¼ cup real butter, melted
2 extra large eggs
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup self-rising flour, sifted

For Rolling:

¼ cup sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Line your baking pan with parchment paper or spray it lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
  3. In a large bowl, place the cake mix, eggs, nutmeg, flour and mix well with a wooden spoon. Then add butter and mix well. The dough should be stiff. If not, add a bit more flour until the dough is so. You want it where you can roll it with your hands.
  4. In a smaller bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
  5. Shape dough into 1” balls by rolling them in your hands. Then drop them in the sugar/cinnamon mixture, coating them well.
  6. Place the balls about 2” apart on your cookie pan.
  7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are pale golden and just set. The center will still be soft to the touch. Don’t over bake them.
  8. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool for 1 minute. Then transfer them to a wire rack or plate to finish cooling before serving or placing in an airtight container.
I would say this recipe makes “X” number but we tend to eat so much of the dough that I never know how many cookies it will make for sure. 

Why did I call these "Madison's" cookies? Well, a friend of ours asked if their daughter could come over to our house after school and we were like "sure, the more the merrier!" So I made some homemade cookies for mother, Garrett, Ethan and I to enjoy and these were them. I have made them again since that day but DOUBLED the recipe since the first batch didn't make very many. I have also decided that since they are bit sweet to maybe add real vanilla bean ice cream sometime. Wouldn't that be just yummy! Enjoy...let me know what you think and send me some photos...

Hugs and happy eating, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment