Friday, February 3, 2012 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Poppy Painting Class Scrapbook Layout

I was thrilled when my friend and mentor in faith and art Judy Hardwick invited me to Spirit Arts in Huntsville Alabama to paint Poppies! As I was gathering my things to scrapbook my 2011 photos, I found the layout collection she had given me and the photos I had printed of our trip to class. I went ahead and scrapbooked these and totally loved the bright colors. Lovely!!

The class was wonderful and, of course, I was a bit messy lol!

Dream...of what each day holds because we are friends and those 
that we have made because of scrapbooking and paper arts...

Imagine...the friendships we have found through scrapbooking...

I had 2 sheets of paper that were totally different...
So, I cut them apart, shuffled them, and put them 
back together again...creating a brand new paper
design for a 2 page layout...

I had to add a couple of notes like this one...
My son, Garrett's, reaction to my painting:
"Mom, it looks like a pillow!" He was right...lol

I layered and layered the poppies...
Did you know I have trouble saying "Poppy"?
Well, I do...

I had so many cute photos I wanted to include in 
this layout so I really tossed them and let them land.
Not your traditional scrapbooker. lol. I was going to mosaic
the complete layout but it didn't work in my imagination of the poppies.

I can't explain this time of my life. It was April 2011. My decision for weight loss and I know my spirit was being prepared for what was to come with the storms of life destroying the physical dwelling of our home. I needed this girls night out and maybe Judy knew that, I'm not sure. However, it was a wonderful time and she is a magnificent artist! The fun a group painting class can have it tremendous, I highly recommend it. More so the respite and relaxation that comes from discovering not only yourself but finding your place in the realm of art heals your spirit as well as blesses it. You become stronger than you ever knew possible. You find your place in this life and renew every part of who you are, finding depth and personality but most of all confidence. The biggest reward of art is that you find friendships. That is the best part of all.

Hugs, Rita



0 comments:

Post a Comment