Monday, February 13, 2012 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Recycling Starbucks Coffee Bottles into Valentine Gifts...

Recycling is rockin' awesome! It gets even better when you make them not only pretty but functional. Items can be made for guys and dolls, boys and girls, all it takes is a bit of paper and embellishments and of course, candy!! =) Unless you are an artist or hobbyist, then you can add some fun treats to the jars that will enhance that person's creations...

I traced the lids, cut the base circle,
then used a scallop punch for the next layer,
adhered them.
Then added punched hearts to that.
Sweet...

For the sides of the lid, I measured
black ribbon, cut it a bit longer and
adhered it using my ATG gun...

The first layer of belly band measured 9 1/4"x3 1/2".
I cut as many as I needed.
The second layer of the belly band measured 9 1/4"x3".
I adhered that on top of the other belly band.
 Then I adhered them onto the jar. 

Filled the jars with candy, 
something that children can even help with.
Buy extra...for munching lol...

Add a sweet tag and you have a wonderful gift!!
Madison and I made these for my New Center Scrapbooking Girlfriends
and her teachers at school...we had soooo much fun doing this together!!!
Btw, we didn't remove the labels on the bottles...too lazy...lol...

Enjoy...
Happy Valentine's Day!
Hugs, Rita


0 comments:

Post a Comment