Tuesday, February 7, 2012 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Simple Pot Roast with Recipe...A Guy Meal through and through...

I suppose you could say this was another one of my "firsts" for 2012! I had never ever made a pot roast on the stove top. So, I decided it was time. The thing that surprised me most was how easy it really was. The thing that disappointed me was how tasteless it was. So I am going to share with you is how I made some changes to create a much better flavored pot roast the next time and in the future I have some other ideas for stove top pot roasts. Now, give me a crockpot, I am so there...but we must grow, right? right...

Here is the link for the basic recipe which is great because there are also photographs to go with the recipe:

At step 1, add 1 teaspoon each of Cilantro and Thyme to the rub. Then at step 2, I added one (1) cup of apple cider wine rather than 1/2 cup of red. If all you have is red, then increase the amount to one (1) cup. Also, add 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce and button mushrooms. Finally when the meat is ready to serve. I add a dash of the wet liquid over the meat on the serving dish to give it that flavor. I didn't have a lot of fat floating in the liquid because I made very sure I had a lean piece of meat to begin with. 

Eventually I want to give various BBQ sauces a try along with a 24 hour rub down as well as a twice backed style...there are so many options and even though I am not a big meat eater, I have a great man that should have been a beef judge for sure...=)

Hugs and happy eating, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment