Saturday, February 18, 2012 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Baseball Scrapbooking Layout for anytime...

There are many things in this world that happen but few of them compare to sports much less matter. Garrett loves sports. It doesn't matter if it's baseball, softball, NASCAR, basketball, football, whatever, but there is one thing that is tremendously better...getting to play! This past year, our church started a men's softball team and joined the county league. Garrett was in heaven, pardon the pun. One of our ladies, Ally, caught some amazing shots of him at the field and I wanted to capture them on my pages. He is very focused when it comes to playing sports so you will see that I brought almost all my photographs onto my pages...but this one...just captured his soul...he was focused...

Which made me wonder, when am I this focused on what really matters? Do I instead turn my focus on myself? That's not what the game is about. The game may be a circumstance or a situation, a decision or a choice to be made. However, am I thinking about me during the present moment, what will benefit me? That isn't what the game is about either. It's about the team players, it's about the field before us and what will bring us from first base to second, to third and safely into home. It's about how we will make it through all the obstacles along the way while keeping our focus on the prize before us, smiling and being joyful seeking praise in the One who is our ultimate coach. For in that and only that will we reap the benefits of winning the game.

Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment