Thursday, January 19, 2012 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

MOPs Minestrone Soup in a Jar Prepared & Yummy...

Thank you, MOPs Mothers!!
They gave all the volunteers a jar of soup mix to take home.
I got an extra jar thanks to extra being delivered to our room...
Plus I think everyone is like "OMGOSH, she feeds 9!"
(9=6 for supper plus 3 lunches for the next day)

All the ingredients I used for this wonderful soup...
shredded cabbage (had the bagged slaw on hand),
diced  onion, Roma tomatoes, fresh yellow squash,
2 cans of diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning...
Also, 6 cups of water...all in the crockpot... 

Aren't the jars beautiful!!! 
There is the original directions...
I didn't go to far off from them lol! =P

Fresh veggies to any soup is not only healthy but delicious...

Normally, I would shred my own cabbage but this was
something I had on hand...it is very good added to salads too.

I keep these beauties in my staples...love using them...

Hope you have a warm and wonderful winter. If you know someone that has a young child, birth to 4, recommend they look into MOPs in their area. Mothers of Preschoolers is a wonderful program that I volunteer for and have for several years. Thanks again, beautiful mothers, for this wonderful gift!!

Hugs, Rita


1 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you liked it! I love the squash idea. How long did you put it in the crockpot for? When we had it I put in sweet potatoes and ground beef and left out the cabbage. I love how versatile this mix is - easily customized for each family's tastes. Thank you again for taking such good care of our babies!!

Post a Comment