Sunday, January 8, 2012 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

12x12 scrapbooking of my 12 in 2012 with Faith =)

Where do I want to be in 2012 in my spiritual life?
I thought of 12 in 2012...

...because of this news article in our local paper...
The colors were what sparked my interest as well as the
symbolic number "12". Then I found this photograph I had
taken near I65. Perfect for my theme...Faith Journey. 

The paper took care of my layout idea...

I cannot do these flowers. and I can't
remember who made these and sent them to
me but they were in a swap I am sure...
I so love them and have hoarded them until now...

I purposely unraveled the lace and ribbons...
I loved the impression they give to the page...

I took this sentiment and ran with it on the page...
I tore some of the paper, I punched a piece, I layered it,
I stressed it...doors of opportunity indeed are everywhere...
so open them...

I loved the tiny punch from Stampin' Up!
that I used to create the edging...
The measuring tape ribbon symbolizes that
my faith can't be measures...or explained lol...

I recycled a packaging card and used it
as the journaling spot on this page.
Don't you love it!!

I layered the stickers here using pop-up dots...
I owe a big thank you to the paper company for having
"journey" already printed there for me =).

I added a tag behind the photograph so that
I could journal a bit about the photograph.
Faith is something that is personal and something I feel strongly about. 
Without it I am nothing and with it I am everything.
I believe simply and honestly that loving another person is where my faith is found and offering a hug and a smile is more important than anything I can possible do. Faith is a choice, not something that can be defined easily or with words. I know that I am happy and at peace and my soul finds comfort in knowing that there is a God and I feel His presence with me wherever I go and wherever I am. I believe in His Son and that His Spirit inspires me to create and to be positive every moment of everyday. That is all that matters to me. I really don't need to understand more than that...my faith is in Him, in my family, in my home, in my community and most of all...in me. For that I create...

Hugs, Rita

1 comments:

Post a Comment