Friday, January 6, 2012 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

12x12 scrapbooking of my 12 in 2012 with Books =)

As I thought about what I wanted to accomplish this coming
year, I want to education, inspire and relax with books. So
I made a list of 12 books, both new and, of course, one
that will be read before the year's end, that will make a 
difference this year for me...

As I said, yesterday, little did I know that when I opened 
the newspaper, I would be inspired to create a
scrapbook page, but I was...

I used stickers and ABC/123s from my stash...

I made my lists using to-do post-it notes that I cut off
the headers from...perfect...

The photograph...Starbucks, where else?
Then I added a tag behind the photograph that tells about
the photograph, where and when...inspiration, that is what 
it's all about...

I loved how I was inspired to fit key words into this layout...
words like ~ happiness, inspired, books...

The leather flower still had the tag on it, marked $20, but
you know I didn't pay that...I got it for $.99 at one of my
favorite thrift stores...where I get a lot of my books.

Although these days, I get a lot of my books via ebooks, but I haven't gotten myself to go digital on scrapbooking. Why? Because there is something about playing with paper! =) As for reading, I never cared much for reading as a child or as a teenager but I did love to collect books. When, in elementary school, I would bring home the weekly readers, I returned it with all the boxes checked and money for the books. My parents weren't rich but they did encourage me to read. It wasn't until  I had Garrett that I really took the time to devote time to reading and began our book collection and our hearts fell in love with reading. Our interests are defined and our children love to read too. Starbucks is the perfect place to take a book, get a coffee or tea and sit for an hour or so just to read. Rockin' awesome inspiration...

Soothing just thinking about it...
Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment