Sunday, May 5, 2013 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Sunday's Art Journaling...Re-themed a Book that Re-themed Me...


I took my art journaling supplies and a fold of mismatched items I had been collecting to make this cute book. Little did I know that those mismatched items actually carried a theme that would transport me from a place I had started to push me forward to one I would focus on heading. Over the next few days, maybe weeks, I will share bits and pieces of this book and how I made it. It is a recycled children's reader that I covered throughout either with gesso, modge podge, or paint.

This sweet book became very thick...

...it would hardly close...

...I stuffed it would wonderful reminders of things that will sustain me as 
I continue walking this journey...

I was pleased at how easy it was to cover this whole book...

The weekend began with rain, so this rub-on given to me at the Scrapping for a Cure
event in Florence was perfect to begin this project. 

Then the clippings began to take shape...as did the theme...

I decoupaged, painted, drew, pasted, beat,...simply had fun...

Added tags and added thoughts throughout the book...
with remeinders of where I have come and where I am going...

My focal points of today...

...and my passions of tomorrow...

...my desire to have it all while being grateful for each step that I take
and all that are with me along the way...

...while reflecting on what is important...
and being sure to not focus on the negative energies that can stop me from doing so...

...then in the midst of it all...dance as never before with the One 
that is with me all the time, loving me, securing me, regardless of all...

...Also, be thankful...listing them one by one...
what inspires me, what I am encouraged by, who my heroes are...
who has influenced me and gone before me to light the way...

...remembering to pray, talk to God but most of all to Listen...

...with key points to remember and then ask myself the same questions...

...what is my why story, what is my response...

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and even 6...I can't wait to answer them all...

Keeping track of what motivates me to press toward the mark of that prize...

...while kicking the world's view of what beauty is in the eye...
as well as what it's view is of fashion and accessories...lol...

Adding more and more space to journal...

...and journal...

...telling my why story...

...to which there really is no end...

...just more room for things, desires and dreams...

I took this book to my Weight Watchers Meeting on the following Tuesday. Our leader had asked for us to bring something that represented what kept us focused on our ultimate goal of being healthy. It holds many things that represent my ultimate goal. Where I have come from, where I am at and where I want to go. I look forward to sharing with you the techniques I used as well as the treasures of my journey through this book. I see art journaling as my way of healing in the coming months...of a relationship that has dissolved, our 5 and 10 year plan, life on the farm and so much more...we can get there for there is nothing my mind, body and soul hasn't been through, however, there is One greater that has been through far more. He was rejected by everyone, harmed by all, loved by many, and unique just as you are. Healing and joy comes...

Hugs, Rita



1 comments:

scrapncards said...

Thanks for sharing! Love the art journal and can't wait to hear more about how you made it.

Post a Comment