Monday, May 20, 2013 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Sunday's Art Journaling...Tickets to Life and His Love Pages

While flipping through this children's book to use in art journaling, I fell in love with this grasshopper! I had to use him. He looked reflective so when I found this word clipping, I had to use it. He or better for me, She looks as if she is reflecting on the tickets of life which I have defined on these art journaling pages.

 After covering both pages with clear gesso, I used water color crayons to bring out the illustrations on the pages out even more than the original illustrator had done. Also, I used several recyled elements like the red tickets which I had brought home from an event I had attended, a door prize drawing or something, and dropped them in my art journaling folder. Then I used my straps I had punched previously across the top of the tickets as a decorative element. The paper with the crowns is one of my favorite scraps...it just fit. I used chip board letters for the "to" and magazine clippings for one title and a sticker for another.

This page, I didn't do a lot to. I felt the hymn as well as the rub-on defined it all. My one true love is my faith. I couldn't live a day without it. I find strength, promise, empowerment, love and complete peace in Him. I have walked this long journey of getting healthy with His help. I have worked hard, but without his inner courage and praying that my husband and family would someday have open hearts and minds to walk with me, we wouldn't be here today.

I began on January 1st, 2011.  Life is amazing. My first Love has spread, my prayers are heard. Love is healthy, Love is strong. Love is a dance, one step, one movement at a time.

Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment