Monday, May 6, 2013 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Sunday's Art Journaling...Recycling the Book

 The cover of the Sunday's Art Journaling project was fairly easy to make. I took two pages of scrapbook paper that was in my goody bag from Scrapping for a Cure for CF in Florence a few weeks ago and decoupaged it onto the cover of the book.

 Then I began to embellish the cover. I layered the stickers multiple times which gave them stability thus being able to hang them off the cover for depth and fun. I raised the larger circle sticker up in a creative way...I will show you how soon...

 The colors pop and I really liked the inks I carried with me on this trip! I had no idea that all of the items I had on hand would actually work on this book! Isn't it awesome how things work out for the glory of it all! Love it...

I distressed and inked like crazy, using black, brown, a turquoise, and a green...
Layering was my mindset throughout...

I got these letters from my goody bag also...made good use of them too!

The paper went well around the spine and binding of the book as well...

This is the cover of the original book...a bit dirty but usable...

Some of the pages were torn, but I could fix that by adding some pieces of paper...
also, the artwork on some of the pages I left and brought out the colors of them
with more water based crayons and paint...

The inside of the book, I added more paper...

My work area for this project...
I loved that I could leave everything out all weekend...

I am planning the next art journal...relationships. I want to heal my heart of a broken relationship and move on from that. Have you ever been there before. This book really helped me see that from every area of my life food was the go to for emotions and support. I ate when I was excited, happy, anxious, nervous, whatever...I ate. I was an emotional eater and still am. I have to refocus that to keep from returning to eating. I want to turn old habits into positive good things for myself. 

Sundays are a great time to journal, writing about anything, just wake, grab a pen and a notebook and start writing about anything, whatever comes to mind. Try it...you will be amazed at how liberating it really is...

Hugs, Rita

2 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful..........how do u add pages to a previous book???? I have been there and I hope your heart is healing...........xo hugs
defuscodesign.blogspot.com
follow me too and thanks for sharing!!!!

scrapncards said...

thanks for sharing. Love some of the pictures in the book and that you are keeping some of them.
I know what you mean about being an emotional eater--that's what I've done my whole life. And right now it is hard trying to break that habit.

Post a Comment