Tuesday, May 7, 2013 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Sunday's Art Journaling...Letters Painted and Pretty...

Titling this project was easy...
Rambling comes easy for me...
and on Sundays, I pick up a pen and my journal and just start writing...

 I took a set of ABCs that I got from Scrapping for a Cure that I attended in Florence. They are self-sticking and about 1" large. Very nice chipboard too. I took two different colors of ink and stamped them directly until I got the two-toned shade I wanted...

Then I went over them with Marshmellow Glimmer Mist...

I was thrilled the set had these pieces too...

 I stacked the letters so they would fit on the book's cover using only the adhesive they came with. However, I found them falling off so I added Glossy Accents to the back and who-la, they stayed on perfectly...My title to the book was HOOKED lol...

I also went around the edges of each letter with black ink to make them pop...

Done...

I have never worked much with ABCs/123s, but I really like the chipboard sets...
I think it's the fact you can make them any color you want...

Hugs, Rita

1 comments:

scrapncards said...

It looks nice! I need to try using the glimmer mists.

Post a Comment