Sunday, April 21, 2013 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Scrapping for a Cure to Raise Money for CF!!! Florence, Alabama!!!

 This past weekend was the annual scrapbooking retreat for Scrapping for a Cure hosted by Rachael McGuire which raise monies for Cystic Fibrosis, CF. Rachael's daughter has CF and, not to mention she hosts a great retreat, and it is a great opportunity to bring awareness to CF, raise money and scrapbook!!! Hanging with girlfriends is just a bonus!!! Chocolate, my sweet eight-year-old Yorkie-Pom, wasn't real happy about my leaving the warm comfy bed to go lol.

Getting my scrapbook things organized...

Our schedule...

Katie learning something new from Teri...

Judy working hard...

There was a great auction of many gift cards, handmade items, art supplies, 
candles and so much more...

Everyone is working so hard...

Judy is an amazing artist...
She even made these adorable Mickey Mouse headbands for
the wedding party for her son's wedding which will be at Disney World...


Jill is my newest friend and totally creative...

OMGosh....this sweet gal taught two of our classes and 
I can't wait to show you the projects...

The event was at the Holiday Inn Express, Florence.
All our monies go to CF...

Katie's adorable mini-album...

I saw this on the front of Katie's scrapbook paper 
and just had to share it...Happiness...

We are having such a great time...
Pure respite for me...

Just one of the scrapbooking pages I worked on
in my Pet Scrapbook...

My boys...Daddy was even in one of the photos...

Then I worked on a trip to Nashville...
This one will be an 8x8 scrapbook...

I also got a specially prepared handmade Gluten Free batch of Brownies!!
Rachael and James's son, made these for me...I got to take his photo too...see below...

Plus...the whole reason for doing the events Rachael puts together...
Her daughter!! 

Thank you, Rachael, for giving not only this amazing opportunity for us to help you help CF,
but for giving us a chance to be together and work on our art projects!!!
You do an amazing job as an artist, as a wife, as an employee, as a sister,
as a daughter, but most of all as a mother. 
Thank you...
I love you,
Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment