Sunday, January 20, 2013 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Tissue Paper!? Who knew the uses...

 Tissue Paper!? Really! Not your going to the bathroom kind of tissue paper, but gift wrapping tissue paper. This package, I got for 75% off in the after-Christmas sale at one of my local department stores. It's the only time I purchase it. I buy as much as I can get on the shelf too. I get white and then I pick from any other colors they have to offer. Then I use it throughout the year. Well, with 2013 being my year for getting organized and being a giver instead of a taker, tissue paper should come in handy, right? Right! So, here is one thing I have used tissue paper for...

Don't you love it!!!
Lining drawers with to protect the vibrant colors of my fiber, yarn, beading and fabric!!

So, I got to thinking about how many other ways it is possible to use this fabulous tissue paper in getting organized in 2013...I bet you can add to the list as well. As I was talked to our Aunt Jean, she began my list...cover the tops of blouses, tops, sweaters, jackets hanging in your closet to protect them from dust * put inside sleeves of them to keep them crisp as they hang * put inside of them when you fold them for packing, no wrinkles when you arrive at your destination * stick inside your shoes to keep them in shape * roll up and place inside boots to keep them upright * line the floor under your shoes * line shelves/furniture/top of appliances to protect from dust * wrap around hats to protect them from dust * as above, line plastic drawers to protect what is inside from light * scrapbook or card embellishment * decoupage anything/anytime * make tissue paper flowers with pipe cleaners (my sister and I use to make these on the weekends when we were at the family farm) * wreaths * stain glass window cards (remember those from Vacation Bible School lol) * gently tie on hangers for your pretty nighties or cammies * art journal with it * make pretty coasters * wall texture * drawer liners * cover bulletin board * make a banner * prayer chain * paper beads (bet you could) * pattern transfer * paper flowers (every size) * wrap jewelry or hosiery * and so much more...the ideas keep coming to mind...I sprayed some with lavender and stuck it in my drawers and I even sprayed some with Glimmer Mist and used it in some art...there are so many things you can do with things like this...what have you tried or might consider trying with tissue paper? Be creative...

Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment