Friday, January 4, 2013 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

New Year's Celebration Necklace Set

 A fabulous find at yet another thrift store...it had all these beautiful beads and a huge pretty lampwork bead that just didn't fit the necklace at all. I didn't find a way to add the large bead back into it because it really didn't match at all. Sorry, I don't have a before photo as much as I wished half way through recreating that I had...

The big picture so to speak...
 
 I added the glamour of the findings and wrapped them with silver wire to offer the sweetness of casual handmade so this can be worn with elegant evening wear or jeans and a blouse.

 As with most of my creations, I add a balance charm to the back to keep the weight off the back of my neck. Due to Fibromyalgia, it keeps the pressure points relaxed and free of pain after wearing beautiful pieces.

 The earrings are simple and pretty so that they can be swapped with other pieces of jewelry and clothing. I love a closet that is completely interchangeable. That saves money for other things in your life, like hobbies and art lol...or better yet...coffee...

 The tail for the front of the necklace I actually left in tack. It was created by the original designer and although I restrung some of them I didn't take away from the creation. I loved it completely and wanted to leave it but dress it up by bringing the silver cone to the top and the silver findings.

Thus, the complete set...

Beautiful...

Recycling, reusing, recreating into 2013...
Happy New Year...into January...
Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment