Tuesday, January 29, 2013 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Scrapbooking: Our Decorated Tea Cake Cookies

Leading the small Special Ministries Sunday School class, we made it creative! Wanting each person to learn the truths of the lessons of that day, as well as gain mobility, confidence, inspiration and so much more that each individual needed to make it day to day regardless of their present situation. We wanted to create fun and happiness. One of my favorite times was when we decorated tea cake cookies with icing and candy corn...

 As I scrapbooked these photographs, I brought in the colors related to fall without taking away from the brightness of the photographs. I love the smiles on Madison and Garrett. They are wonderful and I am so glad I get to share everyday with them...

 Then I realized at the crop I didn't have any flowers, so I made one using scraps of paper, the top to one of my containers and the lid to a tea pot. I wadded them up, sprayed them with glimmer mist, let them dry and who-la, flowers. Then I raised the key photograph with pop-dot adhesive.

 Using my favorite tab punch, I can attach it to photographs, either as a whole or by cutting it in half and savoring each piece, and adding the name and date of the one in the photograph or other simple journaling. I do like matting my photographs too, giving the page a sweet element.

Using another favorite punch I created my own personalized embellishment by adding ribbon and distressing the edges. Then on the opposite page I turned them at a different angle. I also use these for simple journaling on my pages. Both of these punches are excellent to use in art journaling or personal journaling to highlight dates, events or lists you want to specifically mark.

I had such fun scrapbooking this and other pages at a wonderful weekend away with some girls I have adopted as my sisters. They are all indeed sisters in real life and their mom joined us for the weekend as well. It was so much for to scrapbook, laugh and share something in common that we all have. I am still working on photographs from 2011,. but I am making progress lol...I just need to scrapbook more often...=) The recipe for these delicious cookies is posted...

Hugs, Rita

1 comments:

scrapncards said...

I was going to ask you where you got the flower. Thank you for sharing how you made it. Thanks for sharing the page.

Post a Comment