Wednesday, January 30, 2013 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Scrapbooking: Using paper scraps and pieces

 What do I do with all these scraps? For me that's easy. I have a 12x12 plastic box that is about 3" deep. It closes securely so that if I want to take it with me, I don't have to worry and I can take it with me. However, when I finish scrapbooking, especially at a weekend crop, I will allow about an hour to go through my scraps, trimming them down to usable pieces. That is where these pieces came from for this page. I cut the strips behind the photograph, adhered them to 4 ATG strips of tape adhesive on a piece of cardstock that was also in my scrap box, then placed it on my page. Also, I used a piece of scrap paper and cut it out the shape of a shipping tag and placed it to the side for an embellishment. Creative...

 Here is one of my favorite things to do and I have mentioned it in my blog as well as on my videos. Use your punches for embellishments!! They are perfect!! I love doing that and you can use them for simple journaling as well.

Just another quick glimpse at the paper pieces...
Think outside the box and you can not only find creative ways
to use your scraps, but save money too!

Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment