Friday, January 25, 2013 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Fresh Sauteed Sweet Spinach has never been so easy!!

I never knew that offering fresh spinach on our table for dinner or any meal could be this easy! I have even added it to recipes and the twist has been amazing! This recipe brought such a different twist to our taco dinner the other night that I wanted to share it before I got to the fish taco recipe I want to share...

I simple took an iron skillet and sprayed it generously with cooking spray. I chopped finely a large sweet onion, a Gala apple, and two stalks of celery. I sauteed them until they were golden brown. The fragrance is fantastic. Then I took a bag of fresh spinach and placed it in the skillet, added 1/4 cup of fat-free, gluten free chicken broth and covered. The spinach cooked down and was amazing. I added some fresh ground pepper and called the dish down. The apples gave the dish it's own sweet flavor. I have made this a number of times and can't wait to try it with other greens...

Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment