Monday, January 28, 2013 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

The Handy Dandy Pastry Machine...where have you been all my life...yummm

 We love gadgets in our kitchen! They are such fun. Going to kitchen stores is always a treat for my husband, Jerry, and I because we both love to cook. We love to see what is out there and surf the internet to see what people are using. Rarely do we buy these items for ourselves, but every once and a while someone pops one in our stocking for Christmas or another sweet holiday. That's what happened this year. My best girlfriend, Madison, gave me a basket of chicken pot pie makings and THIS fabulous pastry maker...OMy what a fun thing she did...

 I used all the ingredients she gave me to make my first chicken pot pies for this jewel. I quickly decided that if you are making for a family of 6, then you need to NOT use this tool if you plan to eat them for supper in like an hour. Because you have to cool down the machine between making each set of pies or whatever you are making with the pastry machine. However, with that said, it is totally worth the effort. I think making them for the freezer or for a supper of two or three, perfect....

 The first pies...I wouldn't share due to their appearance...we decided it was the one working the machine rather than the machine lol. However,....

Regardless of how they looked the first time through...

They tasted fabulous...

 The pastry machine also came with cutters for pie toppers and we used them on the tiny bits of dough and made some mini pastry cookies...

 Sprinkled them with cinnamon, sugar and put them on parchment paper and popped them in the oven at 350 degrees...

Very nice cookies indeed....

 The first morning, Madison came over after Christmas, I made pumpkin muffins for breakfast using the pastry maker...


So...good...I even popped a piece of cream cheese inside each one...
fat-free cream cheese that is...

Delicious! I think it is fun to consider something like this as a gift. One never knows what you might find enjoyable and fun. Creating fun breakfasts or a sweet pie filled with reminders of days gone by or new ones to come, making something delicious and making memories in the kitchen is heart warming... Thank you, Madison, for creating this for us.

Hugs, Rita

1 comments:

scrapncards said...

Wow! What a great present. I may have to look into getting one of those machines. But it might be too tempting to make muffins all the time.

Post a Comment