Monday, January 21, 2013 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Recycling the "edge" of a Scrapbooking Page...

 When I attend retreats or crops, someone might put papers out that they no longer need or wish to swap for something else. I will find a sheet that has an "edge" to it. The paper will still be 12x12 or whatever the design element might be but has the advertising strip along the edge. Sometimes the edge is double-sided and them sometimes, it is one-sided, if it is one-sided, you can do this easy recycling project. If not, paint it and still recycle it. =) I took the 12x12 sheet to my paper cutter and cut the edge off. Then I turned it over to the plain white side. I distressed it with each of the ink spots shown in the photograph and after each color I rubbed the piece of trim down with a makeup sponge, my go to for doing this type of work. Why? Readily available, cheap and works great! You can put a "clamp" paper clip on the end if you don't want to get your hands messy! =) Then...

You have this...which can be used...

Here...loving it...
Recycle-Reuse-Recreate...

Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment