Saturday, April 30, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Dinner's Always Ready Scrapbook Layout Pages

 "dinner's always ready" scrapbook layout pages
for The Heritage Cookbook Photo crapbook
by Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

This photo is of my Dad's brother Lowell and his wife Louise celebrating their anniversary. I paper and embellishments along with the recipes just pop on this page. I am not a huge fan of stickers simply because I have never really known how to use them but I thought they worked well on this page. I have only been seriously scrapbooking for just over a year and I am still learning so much. It is important since this is a cookbook that the pages lay flat, so it is hard for this mix media artist who loves to embellish and bling AND layer NOT to add lots of things to the pages! However, KISS is best (keeping it simple sweetie)!! =)

Question: Will I ever cook all these recipes? Probably not...but I think my sprapbooking will rotate around this theme by combining food/recipes with photos since our society revolves everything around food but who knows, probably not LOL...This is such a fun project...I am having a blast and planning some shadow boxes for my new kitchen where I can rotate pages each month or quarter so I can see the pages ever so often...that will be so much fun...maybe like a prayer wall too, where I can remember the family of those who are featured and share the good memories of those featured with my family...I love it...

Love, Blessings, & {{{Hugs}}},
Rita


0 comments:

Post a Comment