Friday, April 29, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Grilled Cake? Will maybe not...

 When I added the grilling stickers to these pages along with cake recipes, I second thought the embellishments but then I didn't think my cousin Tommy would appreciate being layered with coconut fluff, I know I wouldn't. So, the grill with the man's man meat just balanced with the cake reflecting the sweet ladies in his life whom I absolutely adore as I do him. I noticed on his daughter's senior portrait that she and I share something, we write our letters with the same flair the same way! I had no idea...I see which side we get the artistic abilities from now. =) I love love this paper, the earth tones just pop. The coconut cake recipe is pretty old and when I was mating it I had to be very careful because the paper was fragile, which was the case with many of the recipes. I was glad to get a lot of them mated onto white cardstock before working on this project. I figured I could cut them down to the recipe trim if I wanted a different back ground for the recipe but getting them mated as soon as possible to preserve them was so very important. So if you have recipes that are very old, I encourage you to do this soon so that they won't continue to spiral down hill and one day fall apart when you pick them up. You can also purchase some spray to keep them from yellowing but I like this aspect of them and since I have them in a book that will keep them from regular daylight, I don't think the yellowing process will be a problem. I can't tell you how much FUN I am having do this!!! Loving it...

If you have photos and recipes, I take commission work as well and you can add the journaling to the project...I will even help you with the organization...this is both respite and fun for me...

Love, Blessings, & {{{Hugs}}}!!!
Rita
www.RitaHutchesonCobbs.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment