Thursday, April 21, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Baking 101 Scrapbook Layout Pages

 "baking 101" scrapbooking layout
from "The Heritage Cookbook Photo Album" Scrapbook
by Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs
(I still have to add journaling/memories)

When my parents came to live with us a few years ago, my mother brought two things that were important to her and were vast, recipe clippings and old photographs. Now, I don't particularly like to cook and I am a simple vegan =). So, the solution was that I incorporate my love for scrapbooking and add the recipes and the photographs to the art thus bringing all the elements together on one canvas. I have loved every moment I have sent working on this and there have been many and there will be many years of them to come. The two page layouts above are two of my favorite. It features a couple of Hutcheson family Christmas's, my father's family celebrating together and our sons Garrett and Joel attending one of them. I loved the colors and the cute apron that I used from a pattern I had used making a card. My friend Judy Hardwick let me borrow her punch at a scrapbook crop to do the edging and it just popped right off this page. I have a feeling these pages may be framed for my new kitchen instead of landing in a book. I have scanned some of the older photos to preserve them but my ultimate goal when I finish all the photos and recipes my mother has left  behind is to scan each created page into a book for each of my mother's grandchildren to have a copy. I haven't journaled every page but will do so and add some insert pages with stories and memories...it will be fun...sweet too...oh what memories. The first pages I have worked on and will share in the coming days are of the Hutcheson family...those were the first photos I organized...I hope you enjoy...

Love, Blessings, & {{{Hugs}}},
Rita
www.RitaHutchesonCobbs.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment