Wednesday, April 13, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Measuring Salad Dressing on the Go for this Artist...


Having flexibility is something I value as an artist and the choice to of eating healthy created the opportunity to have salads already prepared along with fresh vegetables and fruits that can be created in minutes for meals and snacks to grab and go. However, salad dressings or dips were a problem until I came up with this idea. Mini Tupperware containers that hold 2 tablespoons and even have ounce measurements marked on the side so you know how much you have of both. Garrett has a problem with portions and our son seems to use half a bottle of dressing on everything =) even the fat free that we always buy. Creative as that might be, I would rather he not do that. So, this way, it helps all of us grab one and go. Now, if I want to go art with my friends or if I know I am going to a restaurant that I know doesn't have fat free salad dressings or if Garrett wants a salad, then the portions are already decided for us. It takes minutes in the prep work. When I purchase or gather my fresh ingredients and salad preps, I set down for about an hour and get everything ready and placed in containers. Then they are ready for us for the week. I also purchased extra salad bowls from Tupperware that came with fork/knife and a salad dressing container for us to have on hand for the guys to take to work...

Love, Blessings, and {{{Hugs}}},
Rita
www.RitaHutchesonCobbs.com
***one set has fat free Italian and the other has fat free Ranch salad dressings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment