Monday, March 11, 2013 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

The Recipe for The Best Shampoo and Conditioner...

I had my doubts...really? Baking soda? Vinegar? No...but, I was tired of my hair feeling heavy and my scalp itching or breaking out...I wanted shiny hair, clean. It was when I was using baking soda to wipe out my fridge that I thought...I bet I could use this on my hair. Sure enough, I went online and found hundreds of recipes for hair tonics made for pennies. This is my favorite combo for both shampoo and conditioner. Now, I carry a bit of baking soda to the gym with me and who-la, I can have clean hair without taking both bottles.  I use this everyday and have for about three months and the results have been softer, cleaner, shiner hair. Now, even though neither lathers, keep in mind, they are doing their job. Simply put 1/2 cup on your hair depending on your length (I don't use that much), massage in really well, leave one minute and rinse. Done. I do use a bit of gel on my hair since it is rather curly. Oh and I do have my hair highlighted and nothing has changed about my color or the concept related to it. If anything it is brighter and lasting longer.

Homemade Shampoo Recipe

2 tablespoons of baking soda
2 cups of water

Mix both together well in a clean bottle.
Good for up to approx. 4 washes. 

Homemade Conditioner Recipe

2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
4 drops of 100% lavender oil (optional, but does take away the vinegar smell 
which does go away when you rinse your hair anyway)
2 cups of water

Mix all three ingredients together in a clean bottle.
Good for up to approx. 4 washes.

Did I mention I bath the dog in the baking soda shampoo and he no longer has dry skin! Loving that and so is he. I can't say enough about this wonderful discovery. The money I have saved on hair tonic from shower to dressing table has been awesome. Give it a try for 30 days and see what you think...

Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment