Wednesday, March 6, 2013 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Baked Gluten-Free Corn Tortilla Chips

Finding out I had an allergy to nuts, all tree and anything with "nut" in the base line, was something that became manageable in 2006, when I was diagnosed. Then in November, of last year, being diagnosed with a gluten allergy was something totally different. It is in so many of the foods I eat on a daily basis. One being breads, chips and starchy products. I don't crave chips, but I do want them or crackers when I eat soup or chili and would like them with dips on occasion. So, finding a creative way to make these, was way too cool! My family loves this and I can even make them as a dessert. Just another great, easy, delicious recipe from my tiny makeshift kitchen =).

Baked Gluten-Free Corn Tortilla Chips

12 Small Pure Corn Tortillas 
(not flour tortillas and check the calories...some are higher than others!)
kosher salt
fresh ground pepper
ground paprika 
(did you know this is a cheaper spice in the Mexican section of the grocer)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Stack the tortilla shells by 2 and cut in fourths.
Lay them in a single layer on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
Sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika and any dry seasoning you wish.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crispy.
Serve warm.
**For dessert tortilla chips, substitute the above seasoning for
blended cinnamon and sugar or consider adding to that
nutmeg and a touch of ginger.

I will add some great recipes to go with these chips this week...
a guacamole dip and a butternut squash black bean chili...
A great week to cook at home...
I want to learn to make my own corn tortillas...any advice!?!

Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment