Friday, March 8, 2013 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Butternut Squash Black Bean Chili with OMGosh! Guacamole Dip Topping...Gluten-Free too...

 I had never thought much about "Meatless Monday", have you? Then I had this butternut squash I needed to fix and googled this fabulous vegetable. I found this website and began checking it out. I found a recipe for this and then I began adding this and that for even more flavors and delicious color for the eyes and a party for the mouth! Yum!

I left the butternut squash diced so that it gave some vibrant color...

...added a dollop of the OMGosh! Guacamole Dip on top
with the chips on the side...fantastic...

Another close up of the great colors for any season of the year...

My version of this
Butternut Squash Black Bean Chili Recipe

1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
1 onion, diced
2 gala apples, peeled, cored, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
(we don't like our chili all that spicy so add more of the chili and cumin if you want more)
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
3 cups vegetarian broth
(with no MSG, no Salt, no fat)
2 canned 15 ounce black beans, rinced
2 canned 15 ounce tomatoes with garlic
2 teaspoons of lime juice
1 teaspoon of lemon juice

Spray large skillet with cooking spray.
Saute butternut squash, onion, apple until onion softens and browns slightly.
Add seasoning.
Stir and cook for about 1 minute.
Add stock, simmer, cover for 10 minutes on medium heat till squash is tender.
Add beans, tomatoes, and juices, stirring thoroughly, but not rough
so the butternut squash doesn't breakup.
Increase the heat to high and cook for about 5 minutes.
Enjoy...

This sooooo good...
Just another random recipe from my makeshift kitchen...
Sometime this year I might have a grownup kitchen,
but I may have to set these three babies up and remind myself
that life is all about the simplicity of it all and healthy living is just that.

Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment