Sunday, March 10, 2013 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Simple Roasted Green Beans...a party in my mouth!!

 Call it crazy, but when I was growing up, I loved to sneak behind my parents and eat the garden fruit or vegetables while we picked them. It never mattered to me if it were raw peas, green beans, corn kernels, butter beans, radishes  tomatoes, onions, or strawberries...As I grew up, married, I never thought much about it until now. It matters, for various reasons, what we eat in our home and when we go to restaurants. So, when I asked for a gluten-free menu at Ruby Tuesday's while on a date with Garrett, I was thrilled to try the grilled green beans. Not having access to a grill right now, I decided to try roasting some instead.

I chose to serve the roasted green beans with BBQ pork ribs and gluten-free macaroni and goat cheese. It was so delicious and a sweet crunch. My mother could even eat them and she has dentures! Shhh, she might not appreciate me telling you that lol. Regardless, I was thrilled to find a new way to enjoy this wonderful vegetable. Wait till you see how I fix strawberries now lol...

Simple Roasted Green Beans

2 pounds fresh green beans
(simply wash them, nothing more)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
kosher salt
fresh ground black pepper
cilantro
olive oil

Place clean green beans in a large zip lock bag.
Sprinkle with seasoning.
Sprinkle with a very small amount of olive oil, enough to coat the beans.
Then spread on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.
All you want is the starchiness to be taken out of the green beans.
Taste them and if they aren't to your enjoyment, pop them back in the oven.
Loving this week, cooking in my makeshift kitchen...
What have you been cooking this week...

Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment