Tuesday, March 5, 2013 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Avocado Purple Slaw Salad with Honey Lemon Dressing? Well, maybe...check the recipes to see...

 How many slaw recipes are there in the world? Millions I am sure. I didn't google it to find out...might be something fun to try. =) This recipe is beautiful and requires a few ingredients that you might not normally have in your pantry. I was surprised that I did have a most of them. It is gluten-free and, unlike the original recipe, I made it nut-free too.

 I was thrilled to find this magazine and have subscribed to it as well. So I can't wait to get my first issue in the mail. Sadly it wasn't available on my Nook. However, I encourage you to check out SimplyGlutenMag.com for more information and recipes. This recipe is from the January-February 2013 issue...

I served this with the chicken tacos but...
what about on vegetarians hotdogs, beside a mushroom burger...opportunities...

See how delicious...now, my version, but not much different ...

1 tablespoon honey mustard
1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon real honey
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon dry rosemary
1/8 teaspoon dry thyme
1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
1 cup arugula, finely chopped
2 cups red cabbage, finely chopped
1 cup spinach, finely chopped
2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
2 carrots, shredded (I don't peel mine)
1 onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons whole flax seeds

In a small bowl, whisk mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, 
rosemary and thyme until well blended.
In a larger bowl, combine parsley, cilantro, arugula, cabbage, spinach,
avocado, carrots, onion, sunflower seeds and flax seeds.
Pour dressing over the slaw and gently toss together.
Serve cold.

A great way to wake up any meal...
Hugs,
Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment