Thursday, March 7, 2013 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

OMGosh! Gluten-free Guacamole Dip!

OMGosh! is totally right too! My family went crazy over this recipe! My sons, Ethan and Garrett, declared it the best they ever ate and Madison just begged for more! I even made more of the Baked Corn Tortilla Chips (recipe posted yesterday)! LOL, I loved doing that! We are loving this healthy eating and it doesn't even seem that we are doing so. It doesn't take anymore time to prepare or cook nor to shop. As for money, it takes less since we cleaned out the pantry of chips, cookies, etc of the things we no longer eat! Fabulous... So, here is this great recipe. I hate to tell you that I even found the avocados at $.33 each at a local grocer, so shop around...even the Mexican to European grocers are worth your time to stop in and see what they have.

OMGosh! Gluten-Free Guacamole Dip 

2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
4 tablespoons finely chopped onion (more if you love the onion)
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
2 large avocados, peeled and seeded
2 teaspoons lime juice
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 package 8 ounce fat free cream cheese

Mix all the ingredients together.
Chill for 15 minutes.
Serve cold.

Tomorrow, I will share the Butternut Squash Black Bean Chili
that I made to go with this dip and the chips I shared yesterday.
I am loving cooking...who knew!?! LOL...
I have so much to learn and getting healthy and fit is my goal
for the rest of my life...
Cooking in my makeshift kitchen...
I may not have to use it forever, but it's what I have to use today...
So with my toaster oven, microwave and 2-eye burner stove...
I am cooking up great healthy meals for my family...
What are you making for dinner tonight...

Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment