Wednesday, October 3, 2012 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Grandmas and Birthdays Scrapbook Layout

 Grandmother and Golden Coral Restaurant were two things that just went together each year when my Grandma Newell hit her nineties. Grandma has had her life celebrated long ago and Golden Coral in Russellville, Alabama has gone out of business, but I can't think of one of her birthdays without thinking of the other. She and my parents enjoyed the restaurant and the time of getting together with family. So the papers for this layout were perfect, bright, bold and happy...celebrating her milestone...

 When I found a recipe that was this large, or in this case a collection of recipes, I gave it sole space on one page. The embellishments fit perfect along the side.

I had three photos that wanted to bring to this layout in an unique way so I used my Creative Memories Cutting System to cut all four photographs, only bringing my grandmothers to the focal point by matting it and popping it up on foam dots. I added a journaling spot using a punched spot at the bottom corner. I love how even with both pages together, the photograph of my grandmother brings your eyes to her face. I loved her then and I love my memories of this amazing beautiful lady. Many say I look like her... If foam pop dots can bring our eyes to a photograph on this page, what can make that do so in your life? What makes life pop for you? Is is something simple, large, small...what?

Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment