Thursday, October 4, 2012 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Autumn's Delight Crochet Poncho...

This swatch of brilliant autumn colors turned into this...

WOW!!! My latest crochet poncho that I named Autumn's Delight...

I worked on it during my Starbuck runs and one day I got to chatting with a couple from London, enjoying hearing about their travels that I crocheted ten rows without doing the corner and there was nothing I could do to "fix" it or hide it so, I took it all out in the privacy of my bedroom, after everyone was asleep, wound it up in a ball to redo it. I wasn't upset about it...I was embarrassed lol...how did such a simple stitch, a pattern I have used over and over get so tangled up lol...too funny...

The photographs don't show the rockin' awesome colors as I wish they would...

All the fibers are from Red Heart which is a bit unusual for me since 
I mix/match so often or use scraps...

The colors I used to create this fabulous piece...

The handy dandy needle who has become my best-friend
while making these ponchos...

I love love love how the orange and the green pop next to the autumn fibers...

I made this poncho a bit longer by adding the 8 rows...

Wonder who will get this beauty or if I will keep it...

...it sure feels nice...and it matches the Starbucks chair lol...

The art of Crochet and the feel of fiber is such respite for me. What is your respite?

Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment