Wednesday, March 2, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Tutorial: Accordion Paper Folded Flowers Using Music Sheets

These were such fun to make...
I did distress them more which you can see on the cards at the end of this tutorial...
So, let's get started! 

Ingredients you will need for this recipe include: music page, scissors, Glossy Accents, 1/4" red double sided tape, Glimmer Mist color of your choice, scrap white card stock, buttons, string and a brown marker (optional, I used it around the edges to distress the flowers a little more...)

I used an old hymnal page, so I tore out one page, cut 2 pieces in 1 1/4" strips.
Then I began folding it back and forth like an accordion with the fold being about 1/4" wide.

I did fold both pieces at the same time...

Each piece should look like this when done.
 IF you have a large piece of music, you should be able to cut one strip instead of two...

At the end of one piece that is folded downward, I added a strip of the red double sided tape.
Then I adhered it to the fold that was upward to create a natural fold in the flower.
I did this to both ends until the paper was a circle...a crazy unmanageable circle LOL...

Then I took a piece of scrap card stock, which was from my punch stash obviously,
added some Glossy Accents to the top and then held the flower folds carefully together
as I placed the flower on top of the Glossy Accents. 

I could have used glue but Glossy Accents and E6000 are my favorite quick drying adhesives.
I let this dry for about a minute.

Once the flower is adhered to the card stock it should look like this...

I placed the flower in my handy dandy recycled plastic coffee container with the coffee filters in the bottom
and sprayed it with Glimmer Mist (Bronze is what I used for this project)...

I dried the flower with my heat gun...

Using Glossy Accents I adhered a two layer button that I strung together
to the top of the flower. I held the button in place for about a minute to
allow it to dry.

Two of my flowers turned out like this...I did distress them a little more...

I added the flowers to some cards I made with scrap paper from a
Close to My Heart kit that I used making some scrapbook pages...
I added the pins that I made also for a swap I am participating in...

Here you can see more of the distressing on the flower...

I thought of making some of these flowers and using my edging scissors to create a cute element...

I wish I knew where I got these buttons because they are smooth and easy to thread...

...pretty neat project for this flower challenged artist! =)

I hope you will create some fun projects using these flowers. I had such fun.
The hymnal I found in a thrift shop and love using it for various projects.
So, use your scraps and make something fun to embellish with your flowers...

Love, Blessings, & {{{Hugs}}},
RHC



0 comments:

Post a Comment