Friday, March 18, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

I gave myself the best gift of all...

"good times" altered composition book
in honor of saving the ta-tas for breast cancer awareness, self-checks & mammograms
available in my store at www.RitaHutchesonCobbs.com

I love my body, every inch of it...and there are a lot of inches...I love my arms, my legs, my neck since it so sweetly holds my head up, and my nose and my ears and even my mouth. I also love something else so today, I gave myself the best gift I could possibly give me or my family...I chose to get a mammogram. I went to my family physician last month and she went over the process and gave me some information to help me go through the process. It wasn't my first rodeo but it had been many years since I have had one. She gave me the orders and I called to set up my appointment and was met with the nicest group of people at Athens-Limestone Medical East, Athens, Alabama. I was a little nervous going to the appointment but Guida, the radiology technician, was very kind and understanding. I have no morals or scruples obviously, because the gown was left in the dressing area beside the room the mammogram was to be performed. Guida told me step by step what would take place and then repeated the process with each step she took in the process. I was in and out within 20 minutes. 

The room was comfortable and generously decorated in pink with painted portraits of pink roses. However, the small 4x6 card caught my attention. Did you know breast cancer isn't a respecter of person, age, gender? I never thought about that before. When I was sixteen, I found a knot in my breast. It frightened me but fortunately it turned out to be fiber-cystic. I am thrilled that I chose to do this especially since I decided to be 53 yrs old this year. =) It was time. 


So a big thank you to Dr. Valerie Wright, who has been a God-send to our family for many years now and for listening to my "gift to me" ideas, which are many, plus thank you to Athens-Limestone Hospital for providing Medical East with comfort, kindness and peace from the time you walk in the door until the time you leave. Congrads to Guida for winning the Rita's Rockin' Awesome Award of the day!!

Have you made your appointment? Don't you think a mammogram is the best you could give yourself and your family? Regardless of age or gender, schedule yours today! Please...God gave us tatas and we should take care of them...so let's do this!! =)

Love, Blessings, & {{{Hugs}}},
RHC
www.RitaHutchesonCobbs.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment