Saturday, March 19, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Altered Mini Notebook...

"making notes" by Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

I went to my local dollar store to get a couple of these to alter for a swap I was working with. I made one using the mini composition notebooks which I got 3/$1 and then I saw these which are a bit larger also for the same price. I woke from a sound sleep and sketched out what I wanted to do with the cover of this notebook. I took out the wire and put it with my beading supplies to use later in something, but replaced it with the twine. I created the front with scraps of paper, ribbon, lace and diecuts. Then I had a piece of chain left from some charms I was making and added the cute heart shaped locket to it for a vintage look. The butterfly charm was sent to me in a RAK and the lace just called for one to be attached. The front still will lay flat for making notes on the inside.

Here is a closer look at the binding I made for this notebook.
It flips easily too...
I did add glossy accents to the diecuts for added pop to the cover. 


I added the same paper to the back and distressed it just as I did the front. I also added paper to the inside covers so that it would be well balanced and complete the recipe for altering this cute notebook. Loving it...I hope that my special friend will love it too! It is a thank you for her kindness to me a couple of months ago. I thought she would enjoy something handmade. 

Love, Blessings, & {{{Hugs}}},
Rita

3 comments:

Frankie Stockman said...

Oh my goodness.. I L O V E it. :) really. I really really do.. :):) I Love the key and the lace together.. LOVE IT :) sorry.. a little excited and surprised at how much I love it.

Becky said...

Awesome little books! And I love it when I find a bargain!! Laughing here that you said you woke up and had to sketch it out...I do that too on occassion....thought I was the only one obsessed! LOL!

Yolis said...

bellisima¡¡¡

Post a Comment