Saturday, March 26, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

My latest recycling project...

This is after...but...

...this was before...I got all this from the thrift store for $.99 cents...
although the box was in pretty good shape...it was
calling for something more...

This was the box on the outside, closed...
The lid closes with magnets...love that...

I completely covered the box in Close to My Heart papers,
stickers, brads and the used Etc Flowers & Prima Bling...

Inside the box is a nice compartment that I haven't decided
what to place in it yet...be sure to check out my videos...
I am sure I will figure this part out... =)
The paper is from Close to My Heart...

 You can see in the before photo that there is a compartment
under the box that holds a notebook, so I recycled the
notebook as well and slide it back inside the slot...

The notebook is adorable and has blank pages inside
which were in excellent shape so I left them as is...
All of this is Close to My Heart but the lace and flowers.

I love, love, love to recycle things and try to keep things in their original state when they are in good condition but this was too precious to pass up and not create into a vintage treasure. I thought about a mini album to tuck inside or cards with envelopes which was what was originally inside, but I haven't decided. Maybe a bundle of freshly sharpened colored pencils for sketching would be perfect...we shall see...

Love, Blessings, & {{{Hugs}}},
Rita

2 comments:

CreationsbyGena said...

Oh Rita I love this!

Becky said...

Wonderful little project...will make an awesome gift! Isn't it fun when you find those perfecct finds!

Post a Comment