Sunday, March 20, 2011 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Recycled Coffee Cup Sleeve into a Scrapbook Album

Ok, this photo isn't the best but you can see the elements I added to the front. I also turned the coffee cup sleeves a different direction that I have before and it worked great. I have a video posted with all the great details of this fun creative project. This is for a swap over on MyScrapRoom. However, check out the following photos to get your own ideas for recycling these awesome coffee cup sleeves into art...

I took the charm with the red/white beading and added some beads to it for a more elaborate charm. Since I used scraps from the Maraposa paper collection, I added a butterfly to the charm. The swap required some recycled elements in addition to the coffee cup sleeves so I added a bolt to the charm.

My other recycled element was using my tab punch,
which I love, love, love to make the binding...

The paper spoke for itself so it needed very little embellishments...

I made tags for each coffee cup sleeve pocket...

The butterflies are made using the Martha Stewart punch...

Glossy Accents was my friend in every project I made with this paper.

 I also used the tab punch for the tags as well...

I think the dark butterfly paper is my favorite...
The right page has a diecut at the bottom so a photo can be tucked behind it.

I added lots of journaling spots in this mini album...
The butterfly charm was from a RAK I received...
absolutely cute touch to this mini album...

Love the tags...

I feel like this mini album has so much restate that it
will hold many photos/journaling spots...

More butterflies...the theme of this paper collection...

The black butterflies made these spots pop...

I used my other favorite punch for two photo spots on this tag...

Bright and beautiful paper...speaks for itself...

I think there are a total of 5 tags in this mini album...

I kept the back of the mini album simple and sweet...
the fibers went well with the lace and ribbon...
I loved making this vintage style mini album...
Remember2Recycle+Reuse+Recreate=Rockin'Awesomeness...

Love, Blessings, & {{{Hugs}}},
Rita

4 comments:

Frankie Stockman said...

wow. who'duh thunk it? I am not this creative. I Like these. :):)

Chamonix Thurston-Rattue said...

This idea is adorable and we love it so much we've included it in our latest post at No Impact Bride. Hope you don't mind!

http://www.noimpactbride.com/2011/08/recycled-coffee-cup-sleeves.html

Thanks!

Amanda Trought said...

Rita, this is lovely, such a great idea!

marilyn said...

I ran across your coffee sleeve album and LOVE it. Can you tell me what kind of tab punch you used. I looked at Michaels today and can't find anything like that. I love all of your ideas.

Post a Comment