Saturday, August 19, 2017 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Sometimes it is Breakfast for Supper! Gluten-free Peach Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe...


Thursday night, I had plans to attend a women's worship service and already planned the egg breakfast casserole, but I also had peaches I needed to use as well. As I went through my day, I thought about peach pancakes and how I could make them. Of course, I could have looked up a recipe, but I needed a gluten-free recipe with a low fat as possible. They turned out light and fluffy. I added maple syrup warmed in a bit of boiled water. Then I fried some homegrown eggs using cooking spray rather than butter or oil. Delicious!

Peach Buttermilk Pancake Recipes

2 cups of 1-for-1 gluten free flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon honey
2 eggs, beaten well (or use egg substitues)
2 cups of fat-free buttermilk
1 teaspoon real vanilla
2 large peaches, peeled, seeded, diced

Directions:

Spray a large skillet with cooking spray generously.
Using an electric mixer, put all the liquid ingredients in the mixing bowl and blend well on low.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix well including the peaches.
* If the batter is not thick but dripping from the spoon, add a bit more buttermilk to the batter and mix for one minute.
Heat the skillet to medium heat and test a tiny dot of the batter to see if it fluffs up. If so, you are ready to make each pancakes!! Pour about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Depending on how large your skillet is will depend on how many you can make at a time. It takes about a minute on each side until they are golden brown for them to be completely done all the way through. Transfer each on to a plate to cool and serve warm.
Enjoy...

As my children were growing up, we had pancakes at least once a week and varied them from chocolate chip to blueberry. The toppings might be whip cream or warmed maple syrup. Each morning, we had a grand breakfast and the favorite was always eggs and bacon. Today, Christmas Eve is the traditional southern breakfast with all the trimmings of ham, biscuits, gravy and other fun items on the menu that due to living healthy the rest of the year, we normally don't have.

Cooking spray, fat-free milks, egg substitutes, fresh fruits are just a few ways to change the way we eat breakfast, such as pancakes, to create less calories.



0 comments:

Post a Comment