Tuesday, August 29, 2017 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Football, Menus, Clothing, Fun...


This time of year is one of my favorite seasons. Fall brings hot chocolate, popcorn balls, chili, soups, the county fair, outdoor concerts, campfires and football. I never was much into football until last October. Garrett and I were gifted tickets to the first college football game we had been to together. We had a bit of experience attending and got to be on the sidelines. However, standing there with thousands of people surrounding the whole stadium was energizing and such an amazing experience. I fell in love with football. Garrett made sure I had Alabama shirts, even too big, but I had them. Friends brought me shirts and a ball cap. 

However, the most fun I have had began about two-years ago, when the first Alabama football game of the season, I treated Garrett to a half-time buffet full of fun foods from egg rolls, sausage balls to chips and salsa. It was suppose to be a one-time thing when the next Friday rolled around that he came up to me and politely said, "Momma, tomorrow is an Alabama game, what are we going to have at half-time this week?" It was then the tradition began. It became fun to go to the gym and ask the front desk, what is Garrett having this week for his half-time party?  This year, I am still trying to find the Burrito Bowl recipe?!

So, when I saw these outfit and accessory items in a magazine yesterday, I flipped with rockin' awesome excitement! I think Garrett would be impressed with his momma rocking these hounds-tooth items, of course, maybe not all together at the same time, but oh my goodness...can you imagine? It is so much fun to watch his excitement over football, from Alabama to the Falcons then hit the baseball season with the Braves. 

Now, to think about shopping ((gulp)) something this momma doesn't do...maybe I will just consider the menu instead and skip the clothes shopping... Send me your ideas for half-time buffets... I am "game" to try most anything! Recipes to come...


0 comments:

Post a Comment