Monday, August 21, 2017 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Reasons NOT to lose weight! Seriously...


The impossible things have to be so visible to us that when we actually see it, we are in shock that it actually is the reality in front of us. We take a photo of a rainbow and are in awe when we look at the photo again and see not only a solid, end to end rainbow, but we see two of them. We are in a heart felt state of thankfulness and a bit of emotional, heart rendering knowing that God is real regardless of how we may normally feel on a regular basis. I for one, believe.

I get this same reaction when people see my before and after photos of weight loss. They do a double take before the questions start pouring out of impossibilities and self-doubt of their ability to do it as well as a list of those they know who need to do the same thing. It amazes me, though, of the reason why people say they can't or won't lose weight to live a healthy life style. Here are a few I have heard:

"I don't want to get wrinkles." I immediately pulled the compact mirror from my purse for fear I had developed something really bad on my face since that morning makeup session in the privacy of my home.

"The Bible says, '...all the fat is the Lord's!" Yup, I was told this with a straight face... Enough said...lol... (Lev. 3:16)

"I don't want saggy skin and I don't want to work out to get bulky." Wow, that was one that I didn't see coming. Let me think... No, can't come up with anything for that one.  I love working out, leading a fitness class, reading running magazines. I know how much better I feel after I workout or run. I haven't gotten bulky from working out, but I want more muscle and think I would be fine with that type of body. After weighing 450lbs, I am going to have some skin left, but not near what I had full of fat!

"I don't have the money." This has expanded from buying healthy food to joining a gym, but food is the same price if you buy pre-packed, healthy foods or eat fast food to going in the gas station for snacks. Then working out can be purchased or free! The road is free, parks are free and simply going to the mailbox ten times in a row is free! Climbing steps anywhere is free! Money shouldn't be a hindrance. God says that He will provide all your needs. My grandmother use to say that if it's a hindrance, He could remove it. Food for thought, sorry for the pun.

"I don't want to lose my bottom or my boobs." Seriously!? Don't you want them to be firm rather than sagging? That's my thinking... Don't ask your spouse...just don't. It's not nice to put your partner in the place of answering questions you already know the answer. They love you regardless and if they criticize any part of your body, mind or soul, then run! Run fast. If anyone is negative about you in any way that is untrue then you need to move away from them because more than likely their panties are too tight and they have deeper issues within themselves to get help with. Now if you are lazy, have habits, hangups or other problems that you know are truths, then get help...


Everything if Possible and I am living proof of that as well as knowing there is no excuse to live healthy. The benefits of doing so is joy, happiness, peace and hope. I can't explain how the stresses seem easier, bills coming in the mail don't seem so bad, people don't bother you as much. Then there is the endurance you feel physically as well as the oxygen to the brain to make clearer decisions and think better. These things can't be explained unless you make the decision to change your eating habits and add a workout routine. I challenge you to do so for thirty-days. Simple. What do you have to lose? Thirty-days! That's it, no cheating, no excuses, no compromise, just do it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment