Sunday, February 10, 2013 | By: Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs

Sunday Randomness...and my makeshift kitchen...

This is it. All I have to use to cook with. Why? I don't have a kitchen. In 2011, we were hit by storms and we were in the midst of adding on with plans to remodel the existing house. After our rush to move into the addition, a wild story, we bulldozed down the old portion of the house in 2012, another story I haven't been able to blog here or share the video yet.  So, I cook in this makeshift kitchen complete with a microwave, toaster oven and two-eye burner. It is really fabulous BUT I dream of getting a real kitchen...eventually. This is in the studio space we decided in the new addition that we are using for dining and living until that day...not sure when that will be...hopefully this year. Need to work toward saving money for the rebuild.

For now, I am cleaning out my studio stash and reorganizing. I began by going through my scrapbooking. A friend, Terri, which isn't online, sad to say, told me that she simply put kits together for her crops. I got to thinking about that and decided to take mine a step further, which I will totally share with you later. ((I forgot to bring my power strip with me for my blogging Sunday afternoon lol)) TOLD you...Sunday Randomness...

Then that thought led to another...I once went a few months without purchasing art supplies except for adhesive and my goal date was my birthday. Then I realized with my birthday coming up this Saturday, that maybe I could go a whole year without buying supplies... Thinking this might be a challenge worth considering. Then swap, barter, recycle or trade for things that I need... This is all areas of my art, not just paper, but beading, fiber, glass, fabric, wood... What do you think? Who is with me? Think I can do it...((Gulp)) What have I just typed...battery go dead now please...

Hugs, Rita

0 comments:

Post a Comment